Kelly Kare Lawn Maintenance, Inc. offers an Organic Lawn Fertilizer program for residential customer in the Fox cities, (Batavia, Geneva, St Charles, North Aurora), and
surrounding communities. Our 5 Step Organic Lawn Fertilizer program follows the following application schedule.
- Step #1 – Early Spring (Mid March – Early April). Time-release organic
fertilizer to improve color and density of the turf to prepare for summer stress and promote root growth after Spring Lawn Aeration. Spraying of weeds. Weed treatment repeated in 3 to 4 weeks
for best results.
- Step #2 – Spring (Mid March – Late May). Spring Lawn aeration to improve air
exchange between the soil and atmosphere, soil water uptake, promote deeper root growth, reduce soil compaction and enhance the natural process of thatch breakdown.
- Step #3 – Late Summer (September). Time-release
organic fertilizer to improve color and density of the turf to enhance turf after summer stress and promote root growth for Fall Lawn Aeration.
- Step #4 – Late Summer/Late Fall (September – October). Fall Lawn aeration to improve air exchange between the soil and atmosphere, soil water uptake, promote deeper root growth, reduce soil compaction and enhance the natural process
of thatch breakdown and the preparation for the winter dormancy. Spraying of weeds. Weed treatment repeated in 3 to 4 weeks for best results.
- Step #5 – Late Fall (Late October – Early November). Time
released organic fertilizer to prepare for winter, which is very important for survival of harsh winters and provides for an early spring green
Our organic fertilize get its plant nutrients derived from Poultry Manure and Biosolids. This
product can be applied to any type of grass with no risk of burn when used as directed. It can be applied anytime during the growing season and applications must adhere to seasonal restrictions. For
cool season grasses it should only be applied in the spring and twice during the fall.
Weed control is the greatest challenge with an organic fertilizer program. Non-synthetic weed
control products can be very affective when used properly and applied under the correct conditions. We will use the following product for our weed control portion of the program.
Fiesta® Turf Weed Killer is a selective, broadleaf weed killer that leaves turf healthy and
weed-free using a patented formulated iron chelate solution that even controls moss and algae. Fiesta works quickly, delivering visible same-day results, even in cool weather, and has no unpleasant
odor during or after application. People and pets can re-enter the treated area once the spray is dry to avoid staining.
What is Fiesta?
- A reduced-risk bio-herbicide for turf
- A reduced-risk alternative to 2,4-D and similar herbicides
- The active ingredient in Fiesta is iron chelate
- An excellent tool for sensitive sites
What Results Can I Expect From Fiesta?
- Visible results in 24 hours, even in cool or cold weather
- Rain-fastness 3 hours after application
- No odor
- No staining of hardscape materials
- Control or suppression of many common turf weeds and moss/algae
How Does Fiesta Work?
- Iron phytotoxicity, an oxidative process
- Fiesta affects broadleaf plants much more strongly than it does grasses
- Competition from healthy, vigorous turf is part of the activity
Why do we use Fiesta?
- Less Toxic Alternative
- Minimizes public exposure to conventional pesticides
- Less toxic than table salt, vinegar and aspirin
- Will not contaminate surface or ground water when used according to the label.
- To avoid staining, people and pets may re-enter the treated area when spray is dry
- Non persistent in the environment due to rapid degradation in sunlight
- Treated turf can be re-seeded or over-seeded 24 hours after treatment
- Newly-seeded turf, can be treated just 7 days after germination
Kelly Kare Lawn Maintenance, Inc. | 948 Hodge Lane | Batavia, Illinois 60510 |
Member of Batavia Chamber of Commerce
©2017 Kelly Kare Lawn Maintenance® All rights reserved.